Artificial intelligence and libraries Online
Is Artificial Intelligence good or bad news for libraries?
AI and other evolving technologies will definitely have a strong impact on our future. In this seminar we will explain how AI is changing the way libraries work and how it is changing the services of libraries for their patrons. The current most common utilisation of AI in Libraries is the enrichment and linking of metadata, e.g. discovery systems, curation of data, data visualisation. But there is a broader perspective as well: How can Libraries have an impact on the development of trusted and ethical AI? How can libraries play an important role creating ‘AI for the public good’ and make their clients AI-aware? Moreover, how can libraries position themselves into national AI-Initiatives?
- Erik Boekesteijn, Senior Advisor at the Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB), the National library of the Netherlands, Global Library Motivator
- Prof.dr. Andreas Degkwitz, Director of the Library of the Humboldt-University Berlin
- Jan Willem van Wessel, Member of the Board of Directors of the Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB), the National Library of the Netherlands
- Barbara Lison, Director of Bremen Public Library
- Monday 15 February 2021
- 11:00 - 12:00
- Time Zone:
- Central European Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.